Broadley Speaking has gained recognition worldwide for partnering with companies to achieve their new business development goals for nearly 20 years, helping sell products and services across the whole spectrum of professional services. Accountancy services to dentists, software to solicitors, water saving systems and specialist glazing products to architects, and insolvency services to accountants to name just a very few.
There are three very common questions we are frequently asked about new business development;
1. Can you really use telemarketing and telesales to find new business opportunities for professional practices such as lawyers, architects, doctors, accountants, dentists and the like?
2. Can you cold call this market segment in Europe, and do it well?
3. Can your cold calls convert in to Pounds in the bank?
There seems to be a common misconception that telemarketing and telesales won’t work if you’re trying to sell products or services into professional practices. Before partnering with us, some of our clients have asked
– Most professionals are billing their time at hundreds of pounds per hour, so they won’t make time to take a cold call, right?
– Aren’t they surrounded by the most protective gatekeepers?
– As “professionals” they’re a little above taking telemarketing calls, surely? Experience tells us that the answer to the first three questions are yes, yes and yes, but the answer to the second three are an equally firm no, no and no.
Yes, getting past gate keepers can be an art in itself (we can talk you through how we do this) but once the connection is made, the prospect is, inevitably, well educated; so has a brain and is not afraid to use it! This makes them perfect for our intelligent sales approach. Being able to conduct a conversation at their level and put forward a logical, sensible and well thought through sales argument is the key, of course.
It’s when our intellectual property meets their intellectual property.
We previously worked for a client who is relied upon by patent attorneys worldwide. So by chance their business is intellectual property too!
They have subtly changed the way EP validations are handled. As European validation is a largely labour intensive and time consuming process, they have developed highly efficient systems and advanced technology to greatly reduce costs, and almost completely remove associated workload.
The vast majority of their larger clients are patent attorneys or firms of patent attorneys.
They just wanted to find more – right across Europe.
Our results show that our process really works. For this client we delivered £16000 worth of new business from an Italian patent attorney – not a bad start to a new professional relationship. All from a cold call!
The client’s reaction: “I would like to send congrats from all of our team here to you for closing the first deal! Brilliant job.”
If you want to fully understand and learn about how Broadley Speaking can help find business opportunities for professional practices, call Hilary directly on 0800 988 7253.