A 10-step integrated SEO approach to create business opportunities.
The times when SEO was only about keywords, ranking, crawling and linking have gone.
Semantic Search, User Intent, Accelerated Mobile Pages, A.I., User Experience, Structured Data, are continuously creating areas where SEO overlaps with PPC, social media, traditional marketing, PR and content marketing. As a result, a different SEO approach is needed, to align with other digital marketing efforts and capitalise on business opportunities.
So, how can you decide your SEO approach and integrate it with Marketing, Social media and PR to achieve the maximum visibility and promotional impact?
Let’s say you are about to launch a new product targeting B2B prospects; you want to promote it and create a dedicated page on your website.
- First get your SEO team to do the keyword search for that product.
- Your marketing team will, then, develop copy for the new product page around the key search terms; a blog post will highlight the new product with all information including launch date and links to the new product page. All your clients and newsletter subscribers will receive an e-shot about this..
- Your SEO team will optimise the new page and the blog post including structured data (local business, event, product). The SEO team will ask your webmaster to add the new product page to your website’s XML sitemap.
- A video will be created highlighting the upcoming product; it will be uploaded on your video channels and the SEO team will optimise it.
- The social team will add the event to the Social Calendar and start a campaign to promote it.
- The PPC team launches a campaign to target buyer personas with ad-hoc promotions.
- The SEO and PR teams reach out to influencers to inform them of the launch of the new product.
- Your Lead Generation team will connect to all prospects who visited your website coming through all your tracked channels.
- As all these efforts progress, the SEO, social team and e-mail marketing track landing page visits, social signals, brand mentions and inbound links to the product page. Then, they pass all this information to the Lead Generation team.
- Finally, all teams meet on a regular basis to monitor progress and respond by channel.
Only if you get all your channels to work together you can really give your marketing efforts a boost and maximise ROI.
Find out more about our services, or get in touch if you would like help with your SEO approach.